When it comes to IPTV and privacy on the internet, it is becoming more important than ever to protect your identity online.
While using anonymous information is great, the best way to protect yourself online is through a VPN.
Using a VPN will make it impossible for your Internet Service Provider (ISP), service operators, government, hackers, and developers from monitoring what you are doing online.
A VPN will make you anonymous while using the Internet. There are several options out there when it comes to choosing a VPN.
However, after years of testing different services, we have found Surfshark to be the best VPN for IPTV.
IMPORTANT: IPTV Wire visitors also receive an exclusive Surfshark VPN discount not found on other websites. Click the link below to get the discount!
What makes Surfshark the best VPN for IPTV and streaming as a whole? There are several reasons outlined below.
Surfshark VPN has always been known for its zero-log policy. This means they will never log what you are streaming or accessing online under any circumstance.
There are some VPN services out there that don’t have a zero-log policy in place. This is especially common with free VPNs that sell your data.
Using a VPN provider like Surfshark won’t log what you are accessing makes it the best VPN for IPTV!
Another important factor to consider when picking the best VPN for IPTV is download speeds.
Surfshark has been touted as the world’s fastest VPN among the millions of cord-cutters around the world who use their service.
The last thing you want to deal with when using IPTV services is constant buffering. Using a quality VPN helps reduce buffering.
Oftentimes, ISPs and certain countries will impose restrictions on what type of content you can access through their networks.
Geo-blocks are especially prevalent in certain sports broadcasts and PPV events.
With Surfshark VPN, geo-restrictions are a thing of the past. Expand your Internet capabilities in minutes by accessing online services and media from anywhere on the planet, on any device.
As of this writing, Surfshark has over 3,200 servers in 65 countries across the world. There are thousands of anonymous IP Addresses to choose from.
One thing to note when testing different providers is whether or not their service works with a VPN. If the IPTV Service is not “location locked”, a VPN should work fine with the service.
A quality VPN will help evade censorship due to geographic locations, which is especially important for sports fans who can’t miss the big game!
Another great feature about Surfshark VPN is its compatibility with any device you can think of.
Surfshark has an app compatible with the most popular operating systems such as Fire TV, Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, and others.
And the best part is, Surfshark allows for unlimited connections with one account.
This means you can connect to Surfshark VPN on as many internet-connected devices as you want at the same time!
One of the most overlooked factors when choosing the best VPN for IPTV is the quality of customer support.
Surfshark provides 24/7 live support through their Website if you have questions about your account, pricing, or technical issues.
You will see a Help button in the navigation bar at the top of the Surfshark VPN Website.
How to Install VPN on Firestick/Fire TV
Since most users of IPTV services use the Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, we thought it would be beneficial to provide VPN installation instructions.
In the steps below we are using a Fire TV Stick Lite, however, this process works on any Amazon Fire TV device.
1. Register for a Surfshark VPN account – CLICK HERE FOR DISCOUNT
2. Hover over Find in the main menu and then click Search.
3. Type in “Surfshark” within the search box and click the first option.
4. Click the Surfshark VPN app.
5. Click Download or Get.
6. Wait a minute or two for Surfshark to install. Then click Open.
7. Wait a few seconds for Surfshark VPN to launch.
8. Click Log in.
9. Enter your Surfshark account information and click Log In.
10. Click Fastest Location to connect.
11. Click OK.
12. You have successfully installed Surfshark VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
How to Install Best VPN for IPTV on Android
In addition to the Firestick/Fire TV, many users of IPTV services also use Android devices to stream content.
If you are using an Android TV device such as the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Box, Chromecast with Google TV, Tivo Stream 4K, or generic Android TV Boxes, refer to the screenshot guide below.
We are using a Chromecast with Google TV in this example.
1. Register for a Surfshark VPN account if you haven’t already – CLICK HERE FOR DISCOUNT
2. On the home screen of your Android TV device, hover over Apps from the main menu.
3. Scroll down and click the search box.
4. Type “surfshark” into the search box and click Search.
5. Choose the first Surfshark VPN option under Apps.
6. Click Install.
7. Wait a minute or two for Surfshark to install and click Open.
8. Wait a few seconds for Surfshark VPN to launch.
9. Click Log in.
10. Enter your Surfshark account information and click Log In.
11. Click Fastest location to connect your VPN.
12. Click OK.
13. That’s it! You are now protected by Surfshark VPN on your Android TV device.
How to Test VPN is Working
After installing the VPN on your device, it’s important to double-check and make sure you have an anonymous connection to the internet prior to using IPTV services or apps.
Follow the short guide below to quickly check your VPN is working on any device.
1. Connect to Surfshark VPN by clicking Fastest location.
2. Install the Amazon Silk Browser or any free web browser through your app store.
3. Click the search bar on top.
4. Within the address bar of the browser, type dnsleaktest.com and click Go.
- Note: dnsleaktest.com is a great tool for checking IP addresses
You should now see your IP Address has changed after connecting to Surfshark VPN.
Overall, Surfshark is the best VPN for IPTV for the several reasons outlined above in this guide.
Remember to always protect your online activity with a VPN when using IPTV services!